Friday, March 7, 2008

Conversations: Real or made up?

The title of this post pretty much sums it up. So, which one is real, and which one is fake?

CONVERSATION 1:

Guy 1: So last night I woke up, at like 3 in the morning, turned on MSNBC and they were talking about Wall Street and the market is SO far down. Like way down. I mean, if things weren't going to go back up soon it was going to DEBACLE. You know, it was going to be DEBACLED.

Guy 2: Yeah, I know what you mean.

Guy 1: So then I go back to sleep, about 4 o'clock, and from 4 until 7 I'm like really REM'ing. Like more than I've REM'd before. So, I'm dreaming you know, and it was like for the first time in my life I knew I was dreaming. This has never happened to me before.

Guy 2: That's big time.

Guy 1: So, I'm like dreaming, but I'm not controlling my body; I'm just watching myself in my dream.

Guy 2: Yeah, I know what you mean. I do that all the time, except I'm there and I'm deciding everything. If I wanna do something, I do it.

Guy 1: Yeah, I can't do that yet.

----

CONVERSATION 2:

(Eric Clapton's "Tears in Heaven" plays over the speakers in a bar)

Guy 1: Dude, did you know this song is about how Clapton had this son, like a 1-year old son, and he fell out a window?

Guy 2 (nonchalant): Yeah.

Guy 1 : ...and died.

Guy 2: Yeah.

Guy 1: God, isn't that sad?

Guy 2: I heard the window was only 1-story up.

(Pause)

Guy 1: And?

Guy 2: And it was only 1-story up.

Guy 1: So that doesn't make it sad?

Guy 2: My sister's baby fell out the thirteenth story window. I think that's more sad.

Guy 1: But they're both sad.

Guy 2: Maybe, but I think Clapton should put that in his song.

Guy 1: Put what in his song?

Guy 2: That maybe there are situations, like a baby falling from higher up, that are probably more sad. I think he should say that.

Guy 1: What?! What are you talking about? He's not required to do that.

Guy 2: I'm just sayin'. I don't know why people think it's that big of a deal, I mean, other kids have fallen out windows.

----------
Reason Number 74 Why I Will Never Be A Famous Writer:
I only made up half of this post.

2 comments:

Karizi said...

hahaha that second one is amazing, real or not.

bootleg said...

You may have only made up half the post. But I'm pretty sure I know the other guy who made up part of it too and together, we could be a force to be reckoned with.