Friday, February 8, 2008

To Link is to Think!

I didn't want to do a "links" post, because the point of this blog is for me to write original material; to be creative. However, the wheel is not always turning with creative waters, so I have decided to start a weekly links feature that I will call "To Link is to Think". Yes, QUITE lame, I know. Anyhow, this feature will be comprised of sites or blogs that I have visited during the week that sparked my imagination, or made me feel smarter when I was done reading.

For the inaugural "To Link is to Think" I will lead you to to The Edge Annual Question for 2008. What might this be? Well, here's your answer:

"One hundred and sixty-five eminent thinkers, researchers, and communicators, at the annual request of the edge.org website, answered the following question: "What Have You Changed Your Mind About? Why?"

Basically it's short essays from 165 from some of the most respected scholars of today, recounting what they have changed their minds about. Read that again: CHANGED their minds about. It's fascinating and humbling to read what these people, who are regarded as experts in their fields, and looked to specifically for their knowledge and opinions, have been made to rethink. The essays are well-written, and while most are WAY over my head, they do a great job of explaining the more complicated parts for us lay-people. At the very least the essays get your mind going, and hopefully they will inspire you. Maybe they will inspire you to change your mind about something.

Check out Kevin Kelly's blog as well. He's a contributer to the Edge question, and that's how I found the site in the first place.

Check out the blogs and enjoy your Friday! And remember "To Link is to Think!" Or, wait, that was stupid...

Reason Number 5,419 Why I Will Never Be A Famous Writer:
I spend my free time trying to figure out what really smart people are actually thinking.

1 comment:

drew said...

that page is awesome. i checked it out weeks ago and forgot to tell you.

i also forgot to tell you sorry for not responding to all your e-mails. so "i'm sorry." very sorry. my life has been nothing but work and i honestly have not taken the time to send you that stuff. but i would really love to sit down and talk with you about the comic, life, whatever.

let's have a drink sometime soon.

again, really sorry. feel like a heel.