Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Revelations!

Okay, so let's not even talk about it. You know what I'm talking about. Let's just move on. (I'm talking about my lack of blog postings, if you haven't guessed) Ahh, damn, I shouldn't have even said anything.

So, you know, the Oscar's are coming up. I wonder what percentage of the population cares and/or talks as much about the Oscar's as the people I know. I know that I live in a bubble. It's a bubble populated by my film-degree roommates, the city of Los Angeles, and my girlfriend that has a library of movies IN HER BRAIN. My life (for better or worse) has a lot of film in it. In my world-view movies are important. Without them I would not be where I am in life. Hell, I have no clue where I am right now anyway, but I know I wouldn't be here. So, I guess I owe a certain amount to (capital- F) Film.

But what is film to the rest of the world? Jumping out of my body I would say that film is rather meaningless, and unnecessary, but that is a HUGE gut reaction. In fact, I take that back. No, film, as a form of entertainment, is HUGELY important. We need escape from our daily lives, because if we sincerely had to focus on the grind, life would seem meaningless. Film gives us meaning. Film is AWESOME.

Wow, I am really doing the right thing with my life. I am bringing the people what they NEED. It's not about fame, or my ego, it's about the PEOPLE! THE PEOPLE! I should run for president. Or I should make a FILM about running for president. THAT'S IT! And then, when the film is done THAT will be my campaign. People will not be able to resist voting for me, because they will have seen the meaning of life, and in seeing it they will KNOW it, and the world will be a BETTER place. And then the PEOPLE will make me their emperor. And I will be a kind emperor, but I will make them bow to me. When I am emperor the world will recognize me, and they will embrace me, because I have brought meaning to their mundane lives. They will have seen my film, and it will have broken language barriers and torn down the walls of prejudice! The world will at once unite in PEACE! Holding hands we shall be one, and the one true God will un-spool from the Heavens, and we shall see that God is Film and Film is God.

This is the nature of all things. I have seen it in a vision.

Reason Number ∞ Why I Will Never Be A Famous Writer:
I saw it in a vision. Duh.

2 comments:

Mikey Filmmaker said...

I would never vote for you. I only vote for famous writers.

Bow to me and my blog...

Karizi said...

Dickinson for Emperor '08