Wednesday, January 23, 2008

I'm 22 going on 90.

What will I be like when I get old?

Will I do the same things I do now? I don't want to be the old man who doesn't know how to program his VCR. I don't want to lay on my couch all day and read the paper.

I want to be the 85 year-old grandfather who watches Jackass 2 and laughs the whole way through. I want to be interested in what my grandchildren are doing. I want to see new art. I want to know what the kids are up to. I want to hear new music and like it.

I don't want to be confined to the triumvirate of: my house, the grocery store, and the doctor's office. I don't want to tell people "that's what we did in the old days, and that's how I'm gonna do it now". I don't want to vote for things to stay the same.

I want to see change as a good thing. I want to be active. I want to find out that I don't know everything. I want to fight for future generations. I want to seek the truth.

I don't want to be alone.

I want to still be in love.

Reason Number 14 Why I Will Never Be A Famous Writer:
I deleted what I had I previously written here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi K,

Do I recognize some 90 year old we both know in here? I agree! My role models are a couple in their late 80's that still travel and study astronomy, and one of them works one day a month as an MD...and they share much love - with themselves and earch other.
UT